Sunday, January 26, 2014

Breaking Vegan Bread

I absolutely love being hyper-organized. It makes my nerdy little heart sing with joy! So every week I make meal plans. Our breakfasts are juice and, an occasional, bar and our lunches are left overs or simple on the go meals. Dinner became my cooking fun time. I try to keep a good variety while not spending hours on one meal for two every night.

I've realized I spend many hours each week researching and refining awesome vegan dinners. To spread the vegan recipe love and "pay it forward", join me for dinner here! :D Also, I'd love any tips or suggestions you have on these recipes! Did you like the meal as a whole? Did your lover enjoy it as much as mine? Did you add a personal touch to a recipe?

Dinners for Monday, Jan. 27th through Friday, Jan. 31st:

--Vegan Lasagna with a French Roll
      Lasagna Recipe: http://86lemons.com/vegan-lasagna/
         **I exchanged the mushrooms for baby eggplants! I, also, seasoned the veggies with dried basil.
      French Roll: Just store bought and baked in the oven for a few minutes with vegan butter and basil smear.

--Vegan Enchiladas with Cabbage-Carrot Salad and Refried Beans
      Salad: Shred the cabbage and carrots, mix and serve with your favorite dressing.
      Beans: Nothing special… just warm up a can of vegan refried beans. :)
      Enchiladas: Ingredients - Corn Tortillas, Vegan Cheeze (shreds), Onion (diced), Enchilada Sauce, Frying Oil
                         Directions - Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set up assembly station: heat oil in a frying pan, next to that heat up sauce in another flying pan, on the counter next to that place a large plate, above the plate place a large bowl with the cheese shreds and onion combined, lastly, place your casserole dish next to the plate. I always have a bowl of cold water and a dish towel with in arms reach since the tortillas will be hot! Once this is ready, fry one tortilla for just a minute to soften it, transport it to the sauce and cover generously. Place the hot, sauced (^-^) tortilla on the place. Spread a small handful of cheese down the middle of the tortilla and roll. Place this into the casserole dish. Repeat until you have the desired number of enchiladas. Pour the remaining sauce on top and cover with cheese. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Check frequently and take out when cheese is melted. Serve with pico de gallo. 

--Steamed Artichokes with a Sourdough Roll and Hot Penne in Olive Oil with Sautéed Zucchini, Bell Peppers, Yellow Squash & Tomatoes
      **I'm making this one up as I go! I'll post what I come up with after. I'd LOVE to see what you create!

--Vegan Meatloaf with Roasted Brussel Sprouts in a Maple-Cayanne Drizzle and Mashed Purple Potatoes
      Brussel Spouts: Set oven to 375. Place halved sprouts on a cookie sheet. Lightly coat with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes. Mix a small amount of maple syrup with a bit of cayenne pepper. Drizzle over sprouts and bake for 5 more minutes.

--Grilled Hummus with Caramelized Onion Sandwich & Vegan Tomato Soup
     

No comments:

Post a Comment