Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Proud of Myself Moment

A friend made my hubs and I this delicious little fall treat: croissants rolled in sugar and pumpkin pie spice stuffed with pumpkin and cream cheese. While scrumptious, boy, was it not healthy! On my vegan mission, I've made the wonderful discovery that truly healthy food can be crazy tasty! Some juice I make for my hubs, which are still packed with leafy greens and other veggies, are too sweet for him to finish and he's the king of sweets! So, my momentary pride comes from this vegan version I crafted myself!:

Pumpkin-Pear Turn-Overs

Ingredients
Philsbury Criossants
Organic canned pumpkin (BPA Free!)
Bartlet Pears
brown sugar
white sugar 
pumpkin spice
cinnamon

Directions
-Preheat the oven to 350. 
-Blend the pumpkin, pears (I didn't peel the pears) and a hearty amount of brown sugar and pumpkin spice, to taste. 
-In a shallow large bowl or plate, mix brown sugar, white sugar and pumpkin spice. 
-Unroll croissants. 
-Add about one tablespoon of mix to center of croissant. 
-Fold sides of dough over the mix to form either a square or kite shape. Pinch sides of the turn-over to keep mix safely tucked away. 
-Move each turn-over to the sugar plate and cover both sides. Sprinkle cinnamon on the top if each sugared turn-over. 
-Place on cookie sheet (either non-stick or sprayed) and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Check about every 5-10 minutes. 
-Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment